He promises to be the President of Change, and it got me thinking to what kind of change I’d like to see President Obama make in the White House. I made a short list below, not all of them have to be accomplishes, I’d be happy with say any combination of 25% of them.
– Will Obama repeal Patriot Acts I and II as well as reversing Bush’s signing statement and acknowledging the repeal of the John Warner Defense Authorization Act?
– Will Obama support Dennis Kucinich’s efforts to bring war crimes charges against Bush, Cheney and others for deceiving the country into a war or will he protect them against such charges like Nancy Pelosi has done?
– Will Obama bring war crimes charges against Bush, Cheney and others for authorizing torture and will the torture of suspects under U.S. detention, a complete violation of both the Constitution and the Geneva Conventions?
– Will Obama withdraw American troops from Iraq and Afghanistan, with transferring soldiers to another third world country?
– Will Obama end the warrantless secret surveillance and phone-taps of American citizens under the FISA ACT?
– Will Obama follow through on his rhetorical support for the second amendment or will he seek to ban guns as he did in Illinois?
– Will Obama target the real cause of the financial crisis- the Federal Reserve – or will he simply go along with the bailout plan that he helped pass.
– Will Obama strengthen our national sovereignty by pulling us out of the United Nations and NATO, and cracking down on illegal immigration, or will he continue the presidential support for NAFTA and the SPP that are destroying our middle class?
– Will Obama pursue universal health care, or target the pharmaceutical industry who has pushed health care cost through the roof?
– Will Obama join the charge of main stream analyst who want to make preschool mandatory, and continue the crack down of home schooling, or will he dismantle the Department of Education and repeal the “No Child Left Behind Act”.
– Will Obama take his responsibility of protecting the Bill of Rights seriously and help restore our civil Liberties that got trampled on under the Bush Administration?
– Will Obama continue the push for a globalized United States or will he help return the power that the constitution grants the states back to where it belongs?
I think we already know the answer to the majority of my questions above.